BACK to County Down
The present church, in 1933, replaced an earlier simpler building. The foundation stone records that it is on the site given to St. Patrick in AD 432. The new church commemorated the 1500 anniversary of that event, the start of Patrick's mission to the Gael. The stone was laid by Charles F. Darcy DD, Archbishop of Armagh on Ascension Day 1933.